Yoga is a great way to keep healthy and happy during pregnancy and prep your body for childbirth, and at Sweat Studios, we like to keep our pre-natal yoga as straightforwards as possible. Our classes focus on breathing, relaxation and gentle exercise to help you prepare for the physical, mental and emotional changes you’ll be experiencing throughout your pregnancy.
We have a maximum of 15 mums-to-be in any pre-natal yoga class, so you’re guaranteed lots of one-on-one attention. Don’t panic if you’ve never done yoga before. All of our exercises are simple to follow and we’re here to help you along the way.
Course dates, times and cost
Classes take place on Thursday evenings 7:45-9pm at our Buckingham studio and run in 6 week blocks. Our current course is underway and ends on 2nd April. You can attend the sessions on a class-by-class basis (£12.50 per session). Just call 01280 823220 or 01908 673811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Our next full course starts on 23rd April and can be booked below.
Why choose Sweat pre-natal yoga?
Designed for mums and bumps in their second trimester and beyond, Sweat pre-natal yoga will keep you fit and healthy, as well as combating some of the peskier side effects of pregnancy:
- Improved muscle tone and flexibility
- Reduced nausea, headaches, water retention and backache
- Improved digestion and circulation
- Reduced high blood pressure and varicose veins, stress and anxiety, along with other pregnancy lovelies such as haemorrhoids (did we mention how unfair it is that men don’t have babies?!)
- Improved sleep (it’s important to get as much sleep as possible whilst you still can!)
Meet the instructor
Our pre-natal yoga classes are led by Susie White.
Susie became pregnant shortly after training to be a yoga teacher, so had to quickly learn to adapt her yoga practice (and teaching) as her body changed. She maintained her yoga practice through both of her pregnancies and credits it for helping her cope with the unexpected. She also found the breathing exercises she learnt invaluable in delivering both of her children. Find out more about her.
Shortly after beginning yoga classes with us, Vicky became pregnant with her first child. She then joined our pregnancy yoga classes.
Lucky Vicky’s labour only lasted four hours and she got through it drug-free, concentrating on the breathing exercises and yoga postures that she’d been practising with us before and during pregnancy.
Handy tips for yoga first-timers
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing
- Avoid eating less than 2 hours before class. A small snack such as nuts or fruit can help to keep your blood sugar levels up, but don’t come on a full tummy
- Arrive hydrated and stay hydrated
- Listen to your body – if a position doesn’t feel right, don’t do it
- We provide everything you need. All you need to bring is you.
P.S. Our pre-natal yoga classes are not taught in a hot room.
If you have any questions about our pre-natal yoga sessions, simply drop us a message or call 01908 673 811 or 01280823220.