What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- First name;
- Contact information including email address and phone number;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests; and
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To contact you for reasons regarding your account with Sweat Studios, your class bookings, any memberships you may hold and any changes at Sweat Studios that may affect your relationship with us.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you have opted in receive them, we may periodically send promotional emails and/or texts about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- If you have opted in to receive them, we will send you email and/or text reminders, alerts and notifications regarding your class bookings, membership and other account activity.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information you provide to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and when you complete registration forms on our premises.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and to improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website or our online booking system or app, look for the boxes to indicate that you wish to opt in to receive communications from us.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by logging onto your account with the studio. Just click the ‘log in to your account’ link at the top of this page.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you opt in to receive these communications.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable of no more than the limit prescribed under the Data Protection Act 1998 from time to time (which is presently £10). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com.
Our Privacy Promise
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.