Sweat Studios is the trading name of Sweat Yoga & Pilates Limited. Our registered number is 8393821. You can find our contact details on our website.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Identity data: First name, last name, email address, phone number, postal address
- Financial data – the data we use to process your payments for your classes and other purchases at the studio. We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via our contracted third party supplier – Mindbody Online. Mindbody Online uses a PCI-DSS compliant SSL platform, secured by encryption and authentication
- Via the Mindbody Online system we also hold the following data: transaction data – details about the transactions you have made via our website or in the studio with us, including payments to and from you along with other details of products and services you have purchased from us; your visit history – details of the classes you have booked and/or attended with us; technical data – details regarding how you made your booking/purchase – e.g. via our app or our website; profile data including your username (email address), password, your login data, your interests, preferences and emergency contact details
- Technical data – details about the device(s) you use to access our website including your IP address, operating system and platform, as well as other technology on the device you use to access the website
- Usage data – information about how you use our website, products and services. This includes your browsing patterns and information such as how long you might spend on one of our web pages, what you look at on our website, how you navigate our website, page response times and page interaction information
- Marketing and communications data – your preferences on the communications you wish to receive and how you wish to receive them, as well as copies of any electronic communications sent to or received by you (including doctor’s notes where you have chosen to share that data with us for the purposes of putting your membership on hold), feedback and survey responses
It’s important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date, so please keep us informed of any changes or periodically review your account information via our website.
How do we collect your data?
We collect data in different ways:
- By you completing an electronic registration form on our website
- By you completing a paper-based registration form with us
- By you signing up to receive our news and promotions via our website
- Via information your provide to us over the phone
- Via your usage of our website
- Via your purchase of our services and/or attendance at our classes
How we use your personal data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the best service we can, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To contact you for reasons regarding your account with Sweat Studios, your class bookings, any memberships you may hold and any changes at Sweat Studios that may affect your relationship with us.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you have opted in receive them, we may periodically send promotional emails and/or texts about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address and/or mobile number you have provided. You can change your ‘opt in’ status and communication preferences at any point via our website. Alternatively you can follow the unsubscribe links in any communications you are sent. Some of these communications may be sent via our contracted third party providers.
- If you have opted in to receive them, we will send you email and/or text reminders, alerts and notifications regarding your class bookings, membership and other account activity. You can change your ‘opt in’ status and communication preferences at any point via our website.
- There are certain communications which are essential to your relationship with us and will be sent to you regardless of your ‘opt in’ status. These are; profile creation welcome emails, purchase receipts, failed membership payments, login details requests, gift card delivery emails, changes to your membership e.g. price increases and other communications which are obliged to send you to comply with our Terms & Conditions.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or postal mail.
- We may use the information you provide to improve the performance of our website and ensure that we are providing the information you need in a user-friendly way. We may also customise the website according to your interests.
- We may share your data with third party social media platforms/search engines in order to show you targeted ads when you visit them. This is done by providing these platforms with your email address to create ‘audiences’ of users fitting certain demographic conditions so we can target our marketing. Please check the social media platforms’/search engines’ terms for more details on these services.
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law and they may only use your data for the purposes we have specified with them.
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and when you complete registration forms on our premises. We have processes in place to deal with any suspected personal data breaches and we will notify you and any applicable regulator of any breach where we are legally obliged to do so.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and to improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Third party links
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the boxes to indicate that you wish to opt in to receive communications from us.
- You can change your communication preferences at any point by altering the preferences saved in your account with us, by contacting us, or by following any unsubscribe links in communications you are sent.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express permission, or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting should you opt in to receive these communications.