Vinyasa Yoga CPD for yoga teachers with Yoga Alliance Professionals Senior Yoga Teacher, Sophie Free, 7th & 8th March 2020, Sweat Studios Milton Keynes.
Over the course of the weekend you will design and teach your own Vinyasa class, leaving you confident to begin to teach this style of yoga as soon as the weekend ends.
Saturday 7th March, 10am-7pm – Fundaments of Flow
- Vinyasa flow practice (dynamic flow)
- Vinyasa flow technique workshop; finesse your flow technique and learn how to correctly perform chatturanga to baby cobra/updog to downdog as well as other key Vinyasa Yoga poses and transitions
- Learn about the origins of Vinyasa; lineage, different types of practice, why we do it, the benefits, who it is and isn’t it suitable for
- Breakdown sun salutations a and b; learn how to teach the poses (alignment, cueing, finding the right rhythm in your teaching and working with the breath), how to modify the poses for injury/lack of flexibility and how to use props, ujayii breath (why we do it, how to teach it)
Sunday 8th March 10am-7pm – Design and teach your own Vinyasa class
- Vinyasa flow practice (mellow flow)
- Understand the principles of how to sequence poses in Vinyasa, working with different themes (e.g. working up to a peak pose plus other options)
- Design and practice-teach your flow class
- Learn how to evolve the flow you’ve built, using music, adapting the poses to different audiences and aims
As well as leaving the weekend with a class you can begin to teach right away, you’ll have the knowledge you need to continue to adapt that class as your confidence grows.
About Sophie Free, Yoga Alliance Certified Senior Yoga Teacher
Sophie has been teaching yoga for over 10 years. She made the move to yoga instructor after years of dedicated yoga practice and having retired from her professional dancing career. Following many years as a “yoga tourist”, teaching hundreds of classes in several different types of yoga in studios all across the world, Sophie found herself drawn to the more dynamic style of Vinyasa Yoga. Her passion now lies in designing creative flowing yoga sequences with attention to alignment and making the class accessible to anyone and everyone who walks through the door. Sophie teaches packed out classes in South Buckinghamshire night after night, week after week. If you’re looking for the secret to making your yoga classes successful, Sophie’s got it in spades. We are really excited to be able to bring her to the studio for this course.
Course costs and eligibility
The course is suitable for yoga teachers who are keen to develop their ability to structure and lead Vinyasa Yoga classes with confidence. It is accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals. The weekend course costs £250. Once payment is made, cancellations are not possible.